7 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR LIFE MUCH EASIER

I'm sure you must be thinking what the world is this woman even talking about? Is there actually a way to make life easier? More bearable?

Well, yes! Yes, there is. Along the way, I learnt a few things I wish I knew way before. Some things that I'm absolutely sure would've helped me back in the days when I was at my lowest.

Growing up I always had this idea of being a grown adult, having my ish together, and living a dream life. The truth is, once I actually started growing up, I pretty much was hit in the face with the reality. To say it was NOTHING from what I expected it to be would be an understatement.

It took me years, and lots of mistakes along the way, to realize the hard truth and that is that life is not always rainbows and unicorns, it gets rather hard at times. 

But that's okay. The most important thing is to learn to work with what you have and learn to prosper from everything life may be throwing at you.

Without further ado, and much talk, let me just straight into this list.

7 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER

1. DO NOT TRY TO "READ" OTHER PEOPLE'S MINDS, AND DO NOT THINK THAT THEY CAN "READ" YOU. COMMUNICATE IF IT MATTERS TO YOU

A lot of fights, whether personal or professional, start from miscommunication. From the "they should know better" feeling you may get sometimes. 

Try to look past that feeling, try to push it away. 

Communicate. 

If something hurts your feelings, communicate it. If you want to make yourself clear on a certain point, communicate it. If there is something that brings you joy, communicate it. 

Well, you get the point... 

I promise communication is the key to a lot of things.

2. DO NOT EXPECT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET ALONG WITH EVERYONE

Well, this will definitely save you a lot of time, and lots of disappointments. What I mean by this is that we are different and we like different things, and that's okay. 

Not everyone is meant to be in your life. Don't force things, and most definitely don't force relationships, amicable or romantic. 

Sometimes it's okay to let go. 

As cheesy as it may sound, what is meant for you will always find you, so don't worry too much.

3. THROW THE MONSTER CALLED ENVY OUT OF YOUR LIFE AND STOP COMPARING YOURSELF

Ah, social media. Such powerful platforms, they have the power to teach you different things, show you different things. Envy is quite inevitable, isn't it? Well, try to look past it!

Sure, there are people who may seem to live your "dream" life, but I assure you most of these people who seem to have "the PERFECT life", actually have their own struggles. 

As much as social media has the power to help you see and learn different things, it also has the power of creating certain ideas and images of yourself. And, of course, everyone wants to show their best side. Sometimes it may even be a side that doesn't even exist in real life.

So quit comparing yourself to all these people. You are your own person, and that's more than enough.

4. STAY AWAY FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S DRAMAS

You know what I'm talking about, right? 

Say, Jessica and Tiffanny are beefing, each of them telling you their own side of the story. More times than not, this situation will end with them being buddies and you being the bad person.

Let them solve their own problems. Let them communicate. Getting you in the middle of the drama won't solve anything, but cause you a lot of stress that could have as well been omitted.

5. FINISH WHAT YOU START

Yep, I'm looking at you. Finish what you start.

Starting something, then leaving it for "tomorrow", but when the tomorrow in question actually gets here, you're much busier thinking and working on something different - whether it is work, school-related or simply something you enjoy.

I know that feeling, I struggled with this for way too long. Sometimes I still find myself thinking about leaving my work for the next day, but I get myself together and remind myself where that will end up taking me.

What's the point in starting different things all at once, but not finishing either of them?

It's better to just finish whatever you're working on - no matter how long it may take you - and after that, you can always start working on a new thing.

6. ACCEPT THE FACT THAT THERE ARE THINGS YOU CAN'T CHANGE AND CONTROL

This is an important one. Being at peace with the fact that there are certain things that simply won't go the way you want them to. Things that are out of your control. 

Always maintain a position of patience and kindness.

Instead of getting angry for things that refuse to go your way, choose to focus on what you can actually do.

7. DON'T BE TOO PROUD TO APOLOGIZE

Whenever you're wrong, admit that.

Admit that you were wrong, ask for forgiveness and move on.

It's not that hard.

0 Comments